Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has released details on the Government of Canada’s Immigration Levels Plan for 2023-2025. Canada aims to welcome 465,000 new permanent residents in 2023, 485,000 in 2024 and 500,000 in 2025.
Individuals applying to immigrate to Canada through economic class immigration streams with degrees and diplomas in another country require an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA). World Education Services (WES) is a designated provider of ECAs for IRCC. If you plan to apply for permanent residence in Canada, apply early for an ECA to have all your documents ready. An ECA is valid for five years from the date of issue.
We are currently partnering with employers in Canada to assist them to recruit foreign-trained nurses and doctors from different parts of the world who are interested in working in Canada as personal support workers or Home Support workers.
The eligibility requirement for this program is highlighted below:
1. Applicant must be a trained nurse or doctor with a degree or diploma
that is equivalent to a Canadian degree or diploma in nursing and can be
evaluated by WES or IQAS to confirm the same
2. Applicant must be willing to write the IELTS exam and score at least CLB 5
3. Applicant must be willing to learn how to drive and have driving
license from their country of resident
4. Candidate must have at least one year of related work experience.
If they meet all these requirements, below is the application
1. Applicant submit their resume for assessment
2. If the Candidate meets the essential eligibility requirement stated above,
The Candidate is enrolled in a 4-weeks virtual HSW (Home Support Worker)
the program organized by our affiliated Canadian Educator. Please note that
tuition fee for this program is USD 2,000
3. On completion of this program, the Candidate has peered with our affiliate
employers for an interview
4. If successful, the Candidate is offered a job offer with our affiliate
5. As soon as our affiliate employer issues a job offer, Our Canadian clients
will start the work permit and permanent residency application process
for our clients
6. As soon as a work permit is issued for the applicant, he/she can move
to Canada to work for the employer with his/her family
Kindly note that we have to charge for this process of work permit
and Permanent residency application for the applicant and his/her family
Moreover, this payment is split into three instalments.
The first instalment of USD is paid as soon as the Client signs the retainer agreement for our
service with the Canadian Client for this application process. The second
instalment of USD is paid after the work permit. The third instalment is paid within six months after the applicant has moved to Canada to start working with our affiliated employer.
What is a work permit for Canada?
A legal document allowing a foreign national to work in Canada is a work permit. Around half a million temporary foreign workers receive work permits annually from Canada.
Most applicants will need a Canadian job offer and a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to apply for a work permit. In some cases, foreign workers can apply for a work permit without an LMIA or a job offer, so this rule has some exceptions. A recent graduate from a Canadian Designated Learning Institute (DLI) or the spouse of someone who already has a work or study permit in Canada are examples of this.